6 Properties

Marina de Albufeira

Marina de Albufeira

The safest and sheltered marina in the country has been open for ten years to nautas and all who visit the city of Albufeira. The marina of Albufeira offers the nautas and their vessels, the most sophisticated means of support, in addition to a personalized service, friendly, professional and constant. Inserted in a tourist complex of high quality, where green spaces predominate and only 29% of the implementation area is intended for construction, this project includes hotels, restaurants, bars, shops, swimming pools, apartments, villas, entertainment center and leisure. With a perfectly privileged geographical location, because it is located in the center of the Algarve, exactly at the end of the motorway connecting to Lisbon and 40 km from the international airport of Faro, the marina of Albufeira meets all the conditions to satisfy the most demanding navigator. The minimization of the environmental impact was, from the beginning, one of the first priorities, having obtained in 2008 the Environmental Certification by ISO 14001. We also highlight in this context the award of the Blue Flag again in 2012 and the distinction of the 5 Golden Anchors by tyha / British Marine Federation. We look forward to your visit, with the certainty that the conditions you will find will allow you to elect the Marina de Albufeira as a destination of your election. Front of the Albufeira Sea, inside the Várzea da Orada, is the Albufeira Marina. This project clearly marks the difference, in terms of architectural and functional design, in relation to the projects of this kind previously developed in Portugal. In addition to 475 mooring stations, the surroundings of the new Marina include: - 590 hotel rooms spread over three high-quality units - 4-star aparthotel with 75 apartments - Tourist complex with 220 units - 133 single-family villas - 3 tourist settlements and apartment areas, a total of 389 fires - 33,000 square meters for shops
Details
The Loulé Market

The Loulé Market

The Municipal Market of Loulé was inaugurated on June 27, 1908, when the City Council was chaired by José da Costa Mealha. The building was built according to the project of architect Alfredo Costa Campos, from Lisbon, although the same project has known some changes since the initial document of 1903 which in turn was already based on another project of 1898 whose author is unknown. The idea of building a market for fish, fruits and vegetables was already old and consensual, however, its location and the number of markets to be built did not meet the consensus of the Louletanos. The rivalry was felt mainly between the Parish of São Sebastião and the Parish of São Clemente. According to the newspapers of the time there were several proposals regarding the location of the Market. In 1891, the City Council commissioned the Faro Public Works Builder to project a project for the fish sales market. This market would be built next to Largo de Chafariz (now Largo D. Afonso III) and consisted of a rectangular plant with 33 meters long and 19.5 meters wide, had 60 stalls with one square meter each and nine compartments for storage. This project has not been implemented but reflects the House's concern about the sale of the fish because it is the same one that drew the most criticism from the Louletanos. After a long discussion, the Chamber then decided, at the end of the 19th century, to build the Market next to the building of the Town Hall and then began the expropriations and respective demolitions at the beginning of the 20th century. In architectural terms, the market has adopted the Arab-inspired Revival style with four pavilions and four access gates. However, the House did not have large financial resources at the time and the money available was insufficient for the implementation of the entire project. In this sense, the architect was asked to make some changes to the project, which were submitted in 1905 and which basically targeted the
Details